5 December 2023
As our business continues to grow, there are several things we have been focussing on from a people perspective. Culture is critical is to us, as is aligning our goals and objectives, improving our internal communications and working together closely as one team.
Earlier this year we partnered with ExBow Limited who have delivered the first phase of a series of leadership sessions with the board and our senior management team. In total, over 30 of our staff have participated in a wide range of management and leadership activities with the ExBow team. Throughout the remainder of this year and into next the second phase will be completed with more managers joining the programme.
Last week the team met at our new purpose-built training facility in Leicestershire to discuss the results of a recent survey facilitated by ExBow. The survey is known as the Team Working Orientation Inventory (TWOI) detailed results were presented to the senior leadership team by Andrew Exon and Mark Bowles from ExBow Limited.
The results were fascinating, and whilst the board are delighted with the findings, there are a couple of areas where we know we can develop to be even better.
Over the coming weeks ExBow will be working with the teams to discuss the very positive findings.
Our primary focus is to optimise our business, develop high performance teams across the group, and deliver outstanding levels of service to our customers and partners.
So, it’s a very big thank you to all our teams for their hard work throughout 2023 and we look forward to delivering a number of exciting projects in 2024.
22 October 2021
Leicester-based windscreen repair and replacement business Allscreens Nationwide has expanded with the acquisition of a counterpart.
Screensaver Nationwide was established in 2007 and is headquartered in Lincolnshire. It offers services in all aspects of vehicle glass replacement and windscreen chip repairs to all vehicles, operating from its home county and in South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire and Humberside.
The deal forms part of Allscreens three-year growth plan.
Samuel Sole, director at Allscreens Nationwide Ltd, explained: "Screensaver Nationwide shares our ethos in regards to delivering the very best customer service. Over the last 10 years, they have built an incredible business with an experienced team, which we feel is the perfect match for our highly-trained workforce.
"As part of our growth plans, we were looking to increase the scope of our commercial and fleet fitting services across the Midlands. Now that we have Screensaver Nationwide on board, customers in this region can head to their Lincoln site and be safe in the knowledge that they will receive the best possible service, with minimal downtime."
Scott Bamford, director at Screensaver Nationwide Lincoln, added: "15 years ago, we built Screensaver Nationwide from scratch. We still have the very same drive and passion for the industry as we did back then, so believe it is a fantastic opportunity and privilege to join the Allscreens group during an exciting time of expansion.
"I have enormous pride in the entire Screensaver Nationwide team and this acquisition offers us exciting growth prospects, while opening a number of doors for the future."
Rigel Wolf Accountants advisded Screensaver, while Accapita Accounts acted for Allscreens.
Legal services were provided to Screensaver by Wilkin Chapman.
20 January 2021
Allscreens Nationwide Ltd has been appointed by Stobart Energy to provide windscreen replacements for its entire fleet across the UK.
Stobart Energy, part of the Stobart Group, is the UK’s number one supplier of biomass fuel. The business has a fleet of 145 specialist walking floor trailers but due to previous service issues, were facing downtime on some of their vehicles.
As Allscreens Nationwide deliver same-day or next day services to their customers, Stobart Energy decided to proceed on a trial basis and were quickly impressed by the efficient repairs. The contract has now been extended on a permanent basis.
Mike Beech, Fleet and Engineering Manager at Stobart Energy said:
“We have used various windscreen suppliers in the past but have not been satisfied with the job completion times or costs. In just a few short weeks, Allscreens provided an efficient and cost effective service for us, so we were happy to extend our contract. We’re delighted to have found a successful partner to cover our national fleet and look forward to continuing our partnership.”
Read the full article at Transport Monthly
2 December 2020
Leicester-based Allscreens has acquired 1st Direct Windscreens in Basingstoke as part of ongoing expansion of its windscreen repair and replacement services.
The two firms have worked together for many years and said the acquisition was mutually beneficial, enabling 1st Direct to become part of a larger network while accelerating Allscreens’ expansion plans.
Daniel Sole, director at Allscreens – which operates Nationwide Windscreen Services, said: “We have opened five new sites, quadrupled sales and massively increased our workforce. We were keen to enhance the capabilities of service delivery, for both Allscreens and NWS, and we saw the Basingstoke site as our perfect opportunity to do so.”
Further bolt-on acquisitions and organic growth are also on the cards for Allscreens.
Sole added: “Since reopening following the first Covid-19 lockdown, we have been focusing on our expansion plans for 2021. We are now gearing up to take our next steps with the addition of more branches, focusing on growth in staff and increasing sales even further.”
10 September 2018
It seems a lifetime ago when Allscreens founders Stuart and Simon Sole left their jobs to start a windscreen company (Stuart leaving Rolls Royce as an engineer and Simon leaving Autowindscreens as a windscreen fitter). With a second hand Ford Escort van and a small Unit on a converted farm on the outskirts of Loughborough they set up Allscreens. It was slow to start with but soon enough through hard work and persistence the work started to come in.
Over the past 25 years the company has evolved into one of biggest independently owned windscreens companies in the U.K. Stuarts sons Daniel and Sam are now the companies Managing Directors managing the Day to running of the business. Stuart is still actively involved in the business and Simon retired 5 years ago but has since returned as a mentor to pass his work ethic and automotive glazing knowledge to our staff. We would like to thank the companies that have been using us since day one and still use us to this day as without you Allscreens would not be where it is today.
We are still a family business at heart with family members working as technicians, in the accounts department and our Birmingham branch manager Kevin is Stuart and Simon’s nephew he came to join us straight from school 16 years ago and has worked his way up from a technician. To celebrate our 25th anniversary we commissioned artist ArtByBex, we wanted something to show the changes over the past 25 years. We think she did a great job, our first Ford Escort van next to one of our new Transit Customs and our old unit in Loughborough next to our new Leicester branch.
We hope the next 25 years are as successful as the past 25 years and again we would like to thank all the customers that have joined us along the way. Here’s to the next 25 years!
Some old photos we found,
Our old unit in Quorn with the Escort van parked outside.
Our second van the Ford Courier,
Simon on the phones in the old office,
Simon with one of the transits in 2007
A local newspaper clipping from 2015
Our Leicester branch that we moved into in 2015, we now have 3 more branches around the country!
20 August 2018
Kyle Targett our newest recruit joined our team as a trainee automotive glazing technician for our new Gloucester branch. Kyle has undergone our full training course at our training centre in Carlisle with our Lead Tech Noel, Noel has ran Kyle through all levels of automotive glazing using lifting tools and the latest wire-out technology. Noel has signed Kyle off with flying colours and we are looking forward to him progressing within the company. Team NWS!
18 July 2018
Our Gloucester branch and calibration centre is now open for business covering Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and all the surrounding areas. Kevin Smith-Hawker who will be managing the Gloucester branch has been with the company for 18 years and will be doing his upmost to show the customers our great service from the new branch. We have recruited a team of experienced technicians to drive the branch forward in the area, we will also be hoping to employ some new trainees in the area sending them to our Carlisle training centre to give them the opportunity to get into the trade.
25 May 2018
** Team NWS** Recruiting in many parts of the U.K. want to be part of a great team ? We are passionate about recruiting the right people who want to go that extra mile in customer service.
This is what our latest recruit Noel had to say about joining our team.
1. How long have you been in the industry?....... 23 years.
2. What made you apply for a role at NWS?....... I was looking for that next step to develop my career and progress into management, recruit and train my own team and get involved in ADAS recalibration set up. I saw on social media that NWS where looking to recruit a lead tech/manager in my area and they were covering everything I wanted to do, so I could progress myself. And I thought, that’s a bit of what I want.
3. How did you find the recruitment process at NWS?....... Really easy, quick and professional. CV sent off, contact was made within 1 day. Meeting set up. Interview was chilled and relaxed. I was made to feel at ease. Everything about the role was explained and all my questions were answered. I came away wanting the job even more.
4. Did NWS deliver on what was discussed at your recruitment process?...... Honestly, yes everything was covered, from Salary, holidays, van, equipment etc.... As I said, I came away from the recruitment day wanting the job even more. I got straight answers to all my questions. It was really quite refreshing.
5. Do you feel like you have settled in at NWS?......... For defo. From my first day, I’ve been made to feel like I have been part of the NWS family for years.
6. Do you feel part of their team?.... Definitely, the support I have been getting from the team is brilliant. If I ever get stuck someone is always on the other end of the phone, anytime day or night. Nothing is a problem to them. It makes me proud to be part of NWS.
7. Have they supplied you with all the equipment you need to carry out your duties?..... Yes, all my equipment I got has been brand spanking new as well, no hand me downs. I got a new van. New ADAS set up. New branch. Plus, all the kit your supplied with, is the latest up to date equipment on the market. Also, any equipment I have personally asked for has been supplied. No questions asked.
8. Would you recommend NWS as an employer?....... 100% yes. I have been made to feel like one of the team from first contact about the role, to accepting the job and more. The time and the investment they make in you is unrivalled in this industry. I wish I had joined the NWS family a long time ago. If your prepared to dig in and work hard your career will progress more and more with them. The sky is the limit here. And it’s only going to get bigger and better and I can honestly say, I’m proud to be part of it. Team NWS